For the third time, OBSERVARE – Observatory of External Relations – Research Unit of Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa, convenes an International Conference to be held on 18 and 19 May 2017 at the premises of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.
The title chosen for the event – Beyond borders. People, places, ideas – intends, from the outset, to encourage a transversal approach to international relations, and, in this light, analyse important issues of today.
As usual, this Conference will also be a meeting point for various Portuguese and foreign scientific communities, with which UAL and OBSERVARE have long worked through useful partnerships, both in the sphere of education and in scientific research.
The Conference, whose working languages are English and Portuguese, is divided into four plenary sessions (with talks by invited speakers) and eight thematic panels (where numerous presentations will be made [*] and results from different research projects conducted by OBSERVARE will be disseminated).
The topics of the eight panels are:
- The individual as an actor of international life
- Demographic trends and international relations
- Large population movements
- Economic spaces and security spaces
- Cities and regions and internationalization processes
- End of ideologies? Its impact on international relations
- Work, innovation, science and technology
- The issue of the "Global commons" and the new dimensions of spaces.
At this point, we welcome you to the Conference!
[*] The abstracts of the presentations should be sent in accordance with the rules until 31 January 2017. For any questions, contact: email@example.com